Saturday 22 October 2016

October Sun

Mr Squirrel's Diaries XVI



It's a clear, bright and harsh October sun
Lights me up so I've nowhere left to run
MATT BERRY


Autumn...maybe my favourite time of the year. The leaves are turning yellow, red and brown and it's not as hot as it used to be in summer. There are less people outside, the garden is mine again. But the best things about autumn is that the walnuts are ready to eat. Fresh nuts everywhere. This is heaven. I overheard people complaining about the weather, the shorter days, the darkness and the cold nights. It seems that they are never happy. How can't they see the beauty of autumn? How can't they appreciate the mild October sun? I'm busy These days eating all the nuts and seeds I can find. My garden is so colourful these days, like the most beautiful rainbow in the sky.




No comments:

Post a Comment