Wednesday 28 February 2018

Anxiety

Anxiety - what a big word and certainly there are many forms of it. I want to talk about anxiety that one has to face in daily life. I for myself was recently exposed to it. After having spent some time at home recovering from my illness, I imagined what it would be like to go back to work. 

Normally, work isn't that bad. Anyway, the key is to make the best out of it. But when you haven't been at a place for some time and you know that you do have certain responsibilities and after your return you have to face all that trouble and probably your boss and colleagues will ask you all those questions you are uneasy to answer - then you feel uneasy!
So my head fantasized about my return and I imagined all those different scenarios that might happen. I really wanted to stay at home and felt a bit nauseated when I had to drag myself to work on Monday. 

In the end it turned out to be ok. Of course there were things that I had to do immediately, of course people came in and asked questions. But what I totally forgot while lying at home: I am strong and I am capable of dealing with that and after that day, I felt much better. Since then, every day was better and now I am relaxed again and I don't worry about the next day, when I have to go back to work. 

It is difficult to explain how those things that happen in one's head lead to anxiety. It is crazy what it does to you. The good thing is that I imagine it much worse than it actually is and in the end everything is fine. 

My goal for now is to work on it and to gather 5-10 ideas on how to reduce "daily life anxiety" and post it soon in my blog

2 comments:

  1. Great article. Looking forward to your additional comments on the subject.

    ReplyDelete