Friday 3 March 2017

Ambiguity in times of certainty

There are still many nuts in my garden, I do not have to fall asleep being hungry. The walnut tree offers me enough food, I do not have to worry about that. Lady Squirrel is with me, we spend time together. I like that. Especially in winter it is reassuring to have someone close so that the days do not feel so miserable. But there are moments when I want to be alone - when I need to concentrate on myself, when I need to eat a nut quietly. I then let Lady Squirrel do whatever she wants to do. My mates keep their Lady Squirrels close. I am not sure if that is the right decision. I know that the chance is bigger that I end up being alone because Lady Squirrel might find other things more interesting and chooses to leave me. 
But I cannot control other creatures. You cannot chance them by keeping them too close. So my task is to live with that understanding and see what the future holds. 
The key is to get along with oneself. So I calm down and eat another nut. If Lady Squirrel waits for me in the drey later that day, I will be delighted. If not, I probably have known it ever since. 



No comments:

Post a Comment