Wednesday 1 February 2017

Laugh at first sight?

"Let me not to the marriage of true minds 
Admit impediments. Love is not love
Which alters when in alteration finds,
Or bends with the remover to remove."
--Shakespeare, Sonnet 116.--

It is still a harsh and cold winter. But many squirrels have already found a partner to stay with so that they can mate in spring and do what they are supposed to do. Last year I dated many different Lady Squirrels to fulfill the expecations of my squirrel friends. But they were so different from me. There is not one that I could bear be with for more than a few days. I missed my days alone, my peaceful time on the walnut tree. I am happier when they are all gone. But what does it make me? Am I to be pitied? Am I worth less than my friends because I am alone? 
This long and cold winter gives me time to think a lot and I start to think that I am meant to follow my own path. I know that this is the right thing to do. But sometimes there are moments and situations where I need some other squirrel nonetheless. I sometimes cannot cope on my own. The question is: should I avoid those moments or somehow find a solution to deal with those situations on my own? Am I capable of doing that? I should not ask myself these questions, I should be more confident. Because there is no one, and there probably will not be no one, to encourage me and help me with that. Because I am the only one who can enter my mind and begin to understand what is going on there. 







1 comment:

  1. This beautiful point of view reminds me Jonathan Livingston Seagull : I have always loved this story!

    ReplyDelete